So a while back i had started a series of post called, “Reboot”, and it was supposed to be a yearly resolution to do more in 2017. Well, i had quite a few setbacks because of a miscarriage i experienced last February, and there were some deaths in both sides of mine and my husband’s family and close friends. Honestly, I had forgotten all about it until this past month when i was doing some soul searching and figuring out what my goals were for the next year. I realized I have lost myself over the last ten or so years, then again maybe i never had the chance to figure out who i really was in the first place, and i came to a place where i decided i needed to figure out who i really am.
Within the past month, i have taken off a lot of people on my friends list on Facebook, i have deleted most of my social media accounts, and i have cut back tremendously on quite a few social sites and even from watching Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon – I only have one day now that i binge watch and such…usually it is on a Wed or Friday. I have determined to read more, wrote more, and find out who i truly am and the things that truly give me joy and peace.
In an effort to do all this, that is what brought me back to the whole Reboot thing – thought i forgot didn’t you? -, and i decided that it would be good for me to start again and this time i want you to hold me accountable….that’s right i said you! On the first Wednesday, i will post my Reboot challenge of the month. Now here is where you come in: After you read my post for that month i want you to comment with one positive change you can make in your life FOR YOURSELF – this doesn’t mean divorce your husband, unless he is beating you physically and/or emotionally, or anything that is motivated by jealousy, hate, or anger. Then, go to our Facebook page, The Narrow Road, once a week during that whole month and ask me how i am doing. I will be looking for the one who participates regularly and pick a winner at the end of each month. Said winner will get a mystery prize from me. Ready? Here is my list for the next nine months.
- Read one to two books a month – not including comics.
- Write 2 – 3 times per week.
- Find one new artist a month to listen to.
- Do something creative 2x per month. Simply put – find something that brings me pure joy.
- See a need, meet a need: Support one cause a month, or meet a need 2x in the month.
- Walk more – i want to be able to hit my 10k goal at least 2x in a week, not including Sundays.
- Cook more – i want to create great recipes that are both healthy and delicious at least 2x per month.
- Spend a day/night doing something that my husband loves to do that is outside of the house 2x per month. In other words, find an activity that my husband likes and make a date night/day surrounding that event. Other than my faith, the most important relationship i have is the one with my husband!
- Write a list of five things i like about myself once a month. Try using the Alphabet for fun. In today’s society it is hard to think positive about yourself, at least for me it is, and it is worse when you have media – especially social media – telling you who you are not, and distracting you from who you really are!
- Finally, eat at least one fruit and vegetable a week. I want to get better and eating right, and so this will be huge for me. Along with this i am challenging myself to drink at least 64 oz of water a week. It doesn’t seem like a lot, but growing up in a family that drank nothing but unsweet tea, coffee, and Pepsi, it is a huge obstacle i need to overcome.
Now remember, if you want to win a prize at the end of the month, you have to subscribe to this blog, comment below on he days i post my Reboot – post something positive you are doing that month -, and go to the Facebook Page and comment a question regarding what i wrote that week and how i am maintaining it.
I look forward to this journey with you!
Till next time,